Tuesday, November 6, 2007

With no R1 interview invite in sight, I think I need to sit down and take stock of what I need to do next. I have two choices. Sit here and wait for an interview invitation or start cranking out a few more essays. I like the later option. I am thinking of applying to Columbia, Stern, Haas and maybe London. Also, kellogg weekend is a definite on the list for R2 even if I make it somewhere on R1 - because my new job might just take the tab for a weekend MBA in chicago. I loved Stern but do not know if they will let me just submit a photo-copy of my transcript. There is no way I am going to be able to submit an official one.

As for Chi and W, I think they just did not like that I said I want to specialize in turnaround management. I mean whenever I posted questions regarding these fields on their forums I never got a response or got it very late - usually something that said something about picking up general mgmt skills being helpful in turnaround mgmt etc. But I really liked their courses and think their programs would help me achieve my goals. It would be sad if they think otherwise! Or maybe I should just have stuck to the same-old-run-off-the-mill generalist strategy consulting stuff :(. Nevertheless, I think I need to get back to the drawing board and start working on my R2 schools! Phew!

No comments: