Sunday, July 22, 2007

War tactics...

I have started early this year (but still not early enough I guess). The strategy this year is to research the schools completely, pick the ones where I have the best chance, get essays reviewed by current students and apply to atleast 7 schools in R1 and 5 in R2 (I know thats a lot of money).

I hope to approach my app in phases -
1. Start researching schools. - Deadline - July 25 07
2. Visit schools as possible. - Deadline - Aug 06 07
3. Pare down the list to 7 top choices based on research and visit - Aug 07 07
4. Start essays Sept 07
5. Get Reviews done - Oct 07 (OMG.....will still run short of time).
6. Send.
7. Start preps for R2!

The old tome containing the distilled wisdom of the ancients by Mr. Montauk has been dusted off. The paw begins his run.........

No comments: