Saturday, August 18, 2007

I think I nailed the job interview yesterday. The interviewer said that I did the case fabulously in less than 10% of the time. I also chatted with the partner about aviation history and it turned out we had worked for the same client too. So there was much gossip to be done. However, I am still not sure whether I should take the offer if I get it. So much of travel, adjusting to the new team and environs - it might affect my MBA application process. Strange how we tie everything to the application process.

Yesterday, on the flight back to Seattle, I was reading a few sample apps and got a lot of neat ideas. Things that I did not think were failures were used by other successful applicants and treated expertly to produce winning essays. I think I will dig deeper and see what I produce. Many people I have talked to recommend that I write HBS and Stanford essays first because they are the most demanding. I am wary of doing that because they might eat up so much time that I might not be ready in R1 for the 4 schools I want to apply to. BTW, finally, I have finalized the schools I will apply to in R1.

Ross
Columbia
Wharton
Chicago
Maybe, Darden or Stern!

I have to apply to the first 4 or else I better go die. BTW, I had finished the first draft of all my Ross essays. But then, I took another look at them on the flight yesterday and decided to trash the goals essay. So here I am, hiding in a library trying to get Essay 1 done. After that, I will research a few firms I want to join after MBA and then try to collect essay fodder! Wish me luck!

No comments: