Friday, August 10, 2007

Subway to Stern!

I gobbled up a few power bars and caught the Subway to Stern. Stern is located in Greenwich village. Though it is "just a building" and has serious space issues, I really liked the school. I was taken on a tour by a student ambassador who was joining Goldman Sachs and another ambassador who was joining Booz Allen Hamilton. Both guys were very helpful and very nice to talk to.
Everyone praised prof. Damodaran who seems to be a God of Finance around that part of the world. What made me nervous about stern (apart from essay 3) was the fact that group study rooms are filled for the whole semester and you might NOT get a chance to get a room to study unless you book it REALLY EARLY. Now, that being NYC and all, I would expect it to be cramped. After all, I remind myself, Stern places more of its students in IB than most schools place in all of financial services combined together!

Not sure though I will app here. Not because it is not a good school. Just that it might cater more to those who want to get into IB. But it is definitely a probable!

No comments: