Saturday, August 4, 2007

Kellogg ---looking for uncut diamonds!

While finding a parking spot near Chicago GSB was a nightmare, the drive to Kellogg was worse. It was around 90 F and the car's AC did not work. However, I did finally make it, wife in tow. I met with a 1 Y student from Germany who was very helpful. He said that Kellogg is more soft-skill oriented than other schools. We then walked around campus a little bit and then went to admissions office for the info session. The admissions director, whom I interviewed with last year, conducted the session. Two key take-aways from the session -
1. The people who attended it. There was a High School student, and there was a girl who had just graduated and was looking to apply in 2-3 years. This was the level of planning that people did. This was the committment. I wonder what I was thinking last year when I applied!
2. The ad-com member said that Kellogg is looking for "uncut" diamonds and for sincerity. She said she did not want the perfectly crafted applications that people seem to write these days.

I was then offered a tour of the facilities by another 1 Y student. Kellogg has amazing facilities. The facilities "look" slightly older than Chicago's Harper center but then that is because they are older.

As I walked out however, I wondered if I will be a good fit at Kellogg. I plan to visit again after sometime to see how well I fit.

I did want to click a lot of pictures of all the facilities inside but felt awkward with people around.





No comments: